Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running aftermarket front speakers, a sub, and an amp off of my stock HU with a LOC from dave navone engineering. I've been doing this primarily cause I get so pissed when someone jacks my gear.

However, I hate using an FM transmitter for my ipod and I think my preamp output voltage is too low for my amp. Power output from my amp is 30% lower than reported cea power at 14.4V despite maximized gain settings (I'm running a rf p4004 rated at 50W x 4 all channels bridged to 1 dvc sub. The birthsheet even rates power output as 62.5W x 4). Thus, I'm considering buying a Pioneer DEH-P5000UB for the ipod integration and the 4V preamp outputs. So...

1.) Will SQ be that much better with the aftermarket HU?
2.) Does CEA testing at 14.4V overestimate power output that much vs. the actual 12+V in the car?
3.) Or am I just trying to justify buying a new toy?

Thoughts? Since I will likely buy the HU unless someone presents a compelling argument against it, anybody have any really good anti-theft devices or ideas?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
What year focus you have? I have a ipod connect for the 2005-07 foci that allows you to control the ipod thru the factory radio. Cost me $100, and the sound is amazing. Let me know if it fits, I will give you a good deal.

And a new HU will sound alot better, esp. with aftermarket speakers and subs. And it doesn't hurt to buy a new toy every now and then lol.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
what sub are you running? def go with the new headunit....what you should do is pick up a matching set of rear speakers and run your 4 door speakrs off the front two channels of that 4 channel amp you have and bridge the sub if its possible depending on the ohm load on the voice coils off the rear channel

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
yeah a better headunit will sound better with aftermarket door speakers, than with the stock head unit. sorry thing is i got the factory speakers in, and busted already a few weeks after my system was put in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah get a new one. i got the pioneer deh6900 when it came out and the sound quality is awesome. made the car sound awesome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts