Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i really wanna get a new front grill stock one just isnt doin git for me ....future plans are f2 front bumper batinc euro rear bumper if that helps with a desicion thanks for the help guys:D

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I'm a fan of the '98 euro grill. It's all personal opinion though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
which one would I buy if I wanted the grill without the indicator lights and without a ford emblem in the middle (or a removable emblem)? And i'm not talking about that cheap ebay one either. Does the RS's emblem come off?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
which one would I buy if I wanted the grill without the indicator lights and without a ford emblem in the middle (or a removable emblem)? And i'm not talking about that cheap ebay one either. Does the RS's emblem come off?
The emblem on the RS grille is part of the whole thing, so it doesn't come off.
If you wanted one without an emblem you're pretty much going to have to do a custom job or track down a Hoefel (sp?) grille. The Hoefel is a wire mesh grille made for the Euro crowd and has no indicators or Ford Badge. Only problem is, its rare and its $$$$$$.

The badgeless ones on ebay are cheaply made and cheap to buy.... but that speaks about the quality as well.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
rock the 02 euro for sure! always been a fan of that one.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Your only bet for the badge-less one ARE the ebay ones, and they're not as much crap as you think. They're two styles out there on ebay. One's fiber glass and one is (i think) metal.

The most sought after badgless is the hofele grill, but even that has a little tiny emblem up in the corner. Wish I could find one of those. Almost impossible to find anymore.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
<--- badgeless its billet its from ebay

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think im goingwith the rs grill since im getting the rs front and rear bumper......where can i get the grill anyone no????

·
Registered
301 Posts
thanks for the response guys... so what you guys are saying is that non of the emblems on the grills with ford ovals can have get them removed? Are they adhered on?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i think the difference on the 02' euro and the st170 is that the st170 is color matched on the outer surrounding of the grille.

the emblems are made and basically built-in the grille. it can be removed, but you have a blank plastic insert. there are euro alike ebay grilles out there that have no emblem.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

now whats neat about the true euro grilles, is that the ford emblem flips up so you can insert a transporter key and unlock the hood. in order to make it all work is to buy a euro hood latch and lock. heres my demo:

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dean where can i get your grill and hood latch with key?????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts