Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to be looking for a clutch soon i want a high performance one as im goign to be redoing the engine soon so i figure hey good time for a kick ass clutch

thanks guys

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey i have a Bully stage 3 clutch in the tranny right now I payed over $800 and bascally just broke it in and ran a few passes down the track before i blew the diff. clutch isn't damaged if your interested i can pull it out for $400 you won't find a better clutch for that price.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I got my brand spankin new spec III + clutch for 415 shipped!!! and i lovvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!! its awesome!! don't forget about doing a lightweight flywheel too!!

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what advantages will i get out of a stage 1 to a stage 3 clutch???

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
stage III has way more holding power!!! the throw is prolly a bit shorter and it grabs really hard!! there is absolutely no clutch slippage

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have a spec stage 1 and it grabs a lot better than stock, probably 2 times harder, it feels a lot sportier even with a stock engine.

I have also ridden in MLBbaseballs car and the spec stg 3 is a beast in a very good way, he is right when he says it doesnt slip at all.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ppl are saying a stage 3 isnt worth it and just to get a stage 2 whywould ppl tell me this?? is there abig differnec ein price??? there saying even if im gonna race a stage 3 is pointless

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
stage III is worth it depending on ur power output. how much do u plan to put out?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Stage 3 is typically reerved for a race application most the time.

I have a Spec Stage 1 and i LOVE it. Nice and firm got it for a very fair price and works amazing.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stage III is worth it depending on ur power output. how much do u plan to put out?
well i wanna put out a fair bit hopefully around 150 or so if it possible... ho wmuch are stage 3s going for around... any sites i can goto and look that have reputable products

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
a stage I will work fine for u then, I got the stage III cause I plan on spraying w/ my SC. even then its a little overkill, but I know the clutch won't go out on me any time soon!!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ppl are saying a stage 3 isnt worth it and just to get a stage 2 whywould ppl tell me this?? is there abig differnec ein price??? there saying even if im gonna race a stage 3 is pointless
Yeah it is overkill if your not going FI, if you look at 03OrangeSVT, he is a moderator, and I think thats his name, he has a stage 3 i think and is making a 300hp dd, and it will probably make more power than that, same with turbo turtle. At 150hp a stage 1 will work fine, I think the stock clutch is rated at 150hp, not too sure though. If you go to CFM's website they list the torque ratings for the clutches. Just look in the market place here, there should be a list of vendors.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i do plan on going FI thats why i wanan upgrade stuff now with a bone stock engine well sorta i have a CAI will the stage 3 not work?? cause i dont wanna spend the money on a regualer clutch to find out next year i wants a stage 3 and have to dish out more money id ratehr get the stage 3 right away

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Really you need to know your overall power goal, if you are planning to build a 300 turbo'd car then get the clutch thats rated to handle that, if you know your going for a 180hp car, than a stage 2 is probably fine, maybe even a stage 1.

Like I said look at the torque specs the clutch can handle, then see if that matches your power goal. If it does thats the clutch for you.

Also the trade off's for going to a higher rated clutch, which is what you might be beating around the bush for, this is how it was explained to me so im not sure if it makes any sense or if its even right but...

The higher the rating the "softer" the clutch material is made out of, which inturn raises the friction coefficient(stops slipping while under load), with the raise however the clutch wears out quicker since the grabbing material is softer.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the help
(rep points)

i think ill just go to a stage 2 i wanna get as much out of as i can but who knows

1 - 15 of 15 Posts