Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post but I have used this site and forums for a few years now. I drive a 2003 SE.

I recently damaged my front end, breaking the front frame piece that holds the hood bonnet down. The headlights also mount to this frame piece. Now I cannot keep my hood latched because it isn’t held down by anything. The bonnet and cable are all in working order, they basically can attach to the hood but will fly up with it, if driving. The frame piece that holds the hood down is broken.

I am wondering how hard it would be to replace that frame piece and what that piece is actually called. I found these numbers/ codes on said piece.

VRW042
3S418C051AA

If replacing this part is difficult, what would be another option to keeping my hood closed while driving?

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If replacing this part is difficult, what would be another option to keeping my hood closed while driving?
A long bungy cord, lol.

Seriously though, does the part look like this? (pic below I hope)
Shermanparts.com sells replacement body panels and associated parts. If that's the part you're referring to, it's called a 'radiator/grille support', and they show the OEM part number as 6S4Z8A284AA.
It is not too difficult to replace, but the front fascia (bumper cover) needs to be removed to do it, so there are a lot of fasteners (bolts, push-pins, etc.) holding everything together.
Good luck with the repairs.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I ordered the radiator support and it should be here within a couple days. This part isn’t welded in is it? I’ve been looking at the front end and it doesn’t seem all that complicated of a process to replace it. I’m just hoping it’s not a weld job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts