Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on focal jet that most people with 35,000 miles are ready for bushings!! Are you kidding me that seems kind of early for the suspension to go out or start fading. I mean what are the telltale signs of those going anyways??

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Hmm, I believe you have misunderstood, or just misguided information.
at 35,000. I would do a suspension check. Lube up or grease and bushings that look like they could use it. If you see a bushing that's cracked or leaking goo, you might want to replace it. At 35,000, it's recommended that you replace your stock dampeners if they are worn out. (manufacturer suggestion, and KYB)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have to take the car in on thurs. so I'll have my mechanic check the dampers and bushings even though I don't know what they are or what they do I will have him check them and grease them if they need it. But yeah this guy was just saying that he already needed a new suspension or something after 35,000 I couldn't believe that. But being the fact that I don't know what dampers and bushings are (I'm not the best with cars, I'm learning) what are some things driveability wise that I should look for if they were going bad??

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
was he talking about the rear control arms there is a TSB calling for replacement ford also paid for new tires on mine due to severe wear at 8,000 miles

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No he wasn't talking about the rear control arms. He was just talking about replacing the bushings because his are bad after 35,000.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
well i only have 15000 miles and i already had to have my driver side fron strut replaced as well as many of the bushings. Not sure which went out first though, either would of made the other one go out faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts