Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I know you guys get mad when people ask questions that have already been answered. I have looked at bushings topics and not really found what I am looking for. I will be installing the ford racing KW struts and shocks with H&R sport lowering springs very soon. Since I will be ripping my suspension apart I am going to replace bushings. The energy suspension bushings are polyurethane and the prothane bushings are urethane. The prices are similar. Does anyone know the difference and which is better/worse in which ways. I will be buying bushings and I'm not sure which way to go. Help is appreciated. P.S. sorry so long...

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I think the big difference is in the front lower control arm. I've done the Prothane version, and while it was hard, the ES sounded harder. The ES require you to cut off a metal sleeve since it replaces it, while the Prothane slides onto the original metal sleeve.

Not sure about the other bushings. They should be more or less the same.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have the ES system in the suspension set up in my T/A and it is awesome. I plan on buying it for the Focus but will probably get someone to install them.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I here that the urathaine are the best.But i would ask around.You don't have a good performence shop nere by do you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts