Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else seem to have a front bumper that just want to hang low instead of up higher where it's supposed to be? I replaced all the clips that hold it in place, but that hasn't seemed to help. I can make a video or something to show you what I mean if this isn't understood well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does anybody else seem to have a front bumper that just want to hang low instead of up higher where it's supposed to be? I replaced all the clips that hold it in place, but that hasn't seemed to help. I can make a video or something to show you what I mean if this isn't understood well.
My front bumper has the same droop that causes a gap between the headlight housings, and grill assemblies, Though i blame it in the aftermarket bumper and the fact there's some of the internal air baffles missing or broken from the front end collision it had once upon a time that the body shop didn't see fit to replace!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is the original bumper, and I have all the problems with it you just described. This was even before I took it off to put on the intercooler.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Yup, mine does. That is exactly why I removed my 3dcarbon front lip. But even after removing it, it now droops some. Drives me crazy but there is nothing I can do about it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I don't have any issues with mine. Are the clips on the bottom of the upper grille attached to the top of the bumper?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't have any issues with mine. Are the clips on the bottom of the upper grille attached to the top of the bumper?
On mine, yes, all atached and it does pull down the grill a bit too, the plastics rigidity just doesn't seem to be there to hold it into position or there might be something missing in my case as a result from the collision repair, i just don't know??!! One of these days ill tear the front end apart and try to pinpoint just exactly where the faults lie.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Worst case scenario, if you dont feel like taking everything apart, you could always just take a few zip ties and see if you can make any difference with it. I have a similar problem with my grille. It seems to droop closer to my bumper and leaves a gap at the hood. Super annoying.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Worst case scenario, if you dont feel like taking everything apart, you could always just take a few zip ties and see if you can make any difference with it. I have a similar problem with my grille. It seems to droop closer to my bumper and leaves a gap at the hood. Super annoying.
I already tried that. The issue is that the bumper material is super flimsy so even when you retain it at the top and mounting points the material droops or flexes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I already tried that. The issue is that the bumper material is super flimsy so even when you retain it at the top and mounting points the material droops or flexes.
Hmmm. Maybe a heat gun and some patience? I cant imagine why the material would be so flimsy

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It needs a support of some sort in the front. As a joke, Karl took some scraps of paper and put them under the two tabs in the front under the grill, problem solved.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about?? Any pics??

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll snap a few when I get off of work.

Any chance you were on Rt.1 yesterday Tom? Like around 6:45 - 7pm or so?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts