Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody felt a bump under their under the left foot when turning the steering wheel ,took my wifes car in for 2nd oil change and noticed it on the way home ,manual guys wont notice as they have the clutch ,Almost as if the loom under the carpet is being tugged by the steering wheel ,thoughts ,
guess i`ll have to take it in .

·
Registered
952 Posts
Definitely have never felt that. Also in a 13 DCT but not TI. I can't imagine the loom being under the carpet right there.... that'd be odd. Take 'er in.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Has anybody felt a bump under their under the left foot when turning the steering wheel ,took my wifes car in for 2nd oil change and noticed it on the way home ,manual guys wont notice as they have the clutch ,Almost as if the loom under the carpet is being tugged by the steering wheel ,thoughts ,
Once you set up the appointment, please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll see how I can best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same thing happening in my 2012 Focus. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Jon in Michigan

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have the same thing happening in my 2012 Focus. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Jon in Michigan
Welcome, Jon!

I recommend heading to your dealer to have this checked out, if you haven't already. Please keep me in the loop with any dealer visits, and send along your mileage, so I can see how to best assist. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ive had the same thing in my 12'. went and got it "fixed" and it came back but now im outside of my bumper to bumper by 8k so im sol.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
This happen all the time you turn ? What about when you are not moving but turning the wheel ? If this is the case, may I suggest to put the car on jack stands. Go under the car and ask someone to turn the steering wheel for you. Try to pin point the noise.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel like a tard but it was actually my rubber floor matt pushed right up to the steering shaft , that has a roll pin thru it and as you turned the steering wheel it would hit the rubber matt and you felt the bump thr your left foot

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good for you!

found it, fixed it, and admitted it in case others might have the issue.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ive had the same thing in my 12'. went and got it "fixed" and it came back but now im outside of my bumper to bumper by 8k so im sol.
Hi cj15917,

I can take a look into this again. Just send me a PM with your updated mileage, best daytime number, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts