Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am new here. gotta question here. i bought a wrecked 03 svt zx5. has every option available i think. it has the hid lights. i had to buy a new left side light. got the car all together and my new light has a plain yellowy-whitish light.(factory) while the one that was still good is blue. do i change the bulbs or what. i dont even know where to look for these hid lights. i know that the bulbs are like 50-60 bucks though. just paid 400 for the headlight.
sorry for the dumb question
thanks guys
rich

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The SVTF/Mach HIDS bulb is D2S.

They usually run a hundred or more a piece for some good ones and also depedning on color temps.
They should outlast the car.

Make sure both HIDS have the same bulb and color temps.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yeah, i would recommend changing both bulbs at the same time due to the color shift that happens after a certain amount of hours. the stock bulbs are a 4300K, which is a pure white color, if you went with a 5000K bulb, you would get a slight blue cast to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the help. i am checking into it now. didnt know that i should change both of the bulbs. again thanks

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Actually, 4300K has a slight yellow cast...the reason auto makers use it over other color temperatures is it closely matches halogen bulbs. 5000K is about the closest you'll get to daylight (sunlight is about 5500K) without going blue like you would with a 6000K bulb.

You should probably replace both bulbs so you can ensure matching colors. If you look at the right websites you should be able to get a pair of bulbs for $150 or less...I got my set of 5000K D2S bulbs from www.plasmagarage.com. The bulbs are a no-name brand, but I've had them for over a year without any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts