Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, despite having followed a few threads on this forum for awhile, this is my first real post.

Almost a year ago I bought my first car--a Performance Blue '14 Focus Titanium. Almost three months later I was kicking myself in the ass [rant] for not getting an ST. I had poorly assumed that the differences between the two were minimal, and that with a little modification I could transform my car into something similar to an ST. Obviously I was wrong, and I've gathered that the current options for modifications are somewhat limited.

Off and on I've considered doing a trade-in for the ST, but seeing as I have a lot of student debt and car payments, and I had a little help from my father with my first buy; I've decided to stick with my Titanium and shoot for the upgrades--hoping for the day when someone puts together a Turbo kit or until I land a sweet job and get an RS (if and when they release it stateside).

Currently I have a K&N Typhoon CAI, which is great, and I am awaiting my first email from Aric at Injected Engineering for my tune. I plan on doing the 93 octane tune, and have been running Shell V-Power for a few tanks now to prepare for the tune.

From there I figured I would do the following:

KOOL 180 degree thermostat
Roush or Injen Catback exhaust
COBB RMM
Eibach Sway bars
Billstien Coilovers and Struts

From there I am not sure what else I can do for power. I've emailed a lot of the big names to see if they will be producing Exhaust and Intake Manifolds, a Turbo Kit, and upgrades for the internals (cams, pistons, etc). RDC, Injected, and Tom seem to be the only ones who might do these things. FSwerks has said no, Cosworth no, Roush no, ford racing no, Spool/CJs no, and I am waiting to hear back from Cobb. I am not expecting a yes.

The only other things I can think of are an under drive pulley, but I don't think anyone has or will make one of these for the focus.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love some advice.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I've decided to stick with my Titanium and shoot for the upgrades--hoping for the day when someone puts together a Turbo kit
The day they release the kit maybe your car with be at the scrap yard/rusted or over 200 000 miles!

What I mean is don't bother waiting... It might take 5 years or more (or never) to get one turbo kit!

Cars are getting more and more complex, so i'm not surprised new gen cars will take much more time than let says first gen focus to get a turbo kit!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
That would be the intelligent thing to do here, but unfortunately I have caught the bug for wanting more speed. Such a goddamned materialist.[shameful]
No, you like what you like and you want what you want. Nothing wrong with that. I'm good at giving advice, not taking it. [like]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Anyway, it seems like you have stuff about right. I know RDC has something in the works. They produce some high quality stuff. I recommend waiting for RDC

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
How far would you want to go? Have you checked to see what used ST's are going for? Yes you could possibly do a turbo & do some suspension mods as well as a bbk, torsen, ect.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If some one steps up and brings me a 5 speed I will be making a kit next month

Tom
There you go, seems like Tom is looking for a car. Get your car ready to ship to him. Can't really beat that cost.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
There you go, seems like Tom is looking for a car. Get your car ready to ship to him. Can't really beat that cost.
He will have more success if there's a Focus club near him.

Most people want to but are far away!

Making a kit can take a while tho!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts