Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so as evidenced by the last couple of pages of the VIN thread, several of us are getting our cars built this/next week. The only delivery ETA I could get from Ford was 8/1. As my car is just beginning its build on Friday 7/29, this date is obviously ridiculous. So...if anyone who has already received their car (and still remembers the date) is willing to post:

Build date -
Date it hit the dealer's lot -
Location it shipped to -

I'm sure it would give several of us perspective and something a little more realistic to go on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Built: May 27th
Delivered: June 20th to NC

·
Registered
781 Posts
There isn't much of a rhyme or reason from what I've seen. Some are in as little as a week, some are a few weeks. My vehicle was built last month, I was told delivery would be last week, it still isn't here, and I'm all of a 8 hour drive from the plant.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine has a build date of 7/28 and my dealer has been telling me they expect it August 8th. Shipped to Washington state.

Fits pretty well to what happened with my Mustang. It was built July 20th and delivered August 2nd last year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What!! I'm in WA State too... Build date 8/1 - delivery date 8/22 :(
I confirmed this with Natasha as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know if this helps or if it's too "old" information by now.
My car's build date was June 17th. It was off the line by the 18th or 19th.
It was delivered to Tampa by June 28th BUT didn't get to my dealer until JULY 7th. (I followed it on the train with the csx customer tracking (I think someone gave me my box car info in a private message from one of the forums, maybe it was here) and every one of my friends thought I was psych-o for tracking it.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Order, Build info

Order Date- June 17
Build Date- July 28
Quoted Delivery Date- Aug 10
Revised Delivery Date- Aug 17
Today's Date- Aug 20 (revised delivery still reads Aug 17)

I'm in the Chicago area, the dealer is in southern Wisconsin. Per the dealer the car has been sitting in a railyard in Chicago for close to a week. So close.... yet so far. Can't blame the dealer.... but it seems that Michigan to Chicago area would be one of the more rapid deliveries.

Waiting patiently.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ordered: July 17
Built: August 15
Delivery: August 18

The build actually started before the 15th, but the 15th was the final build day. Location was Brooklyn MI, about 2 hours from the plant

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ordered May 18th, was told 6 to 8 weeks. Was supposed to get it July 20th, then Aug 1st. The car wasn't even built until Aug. 2nd. Received it on Aug. 18th. It took 13 weeks and 1 day.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered - May 21
Build date - June 15
Delivery - June 28

not bad, eh? :)
Not bad at all. Especially considering it is a Canadian delivery. I've seen several other of our neighbors to the north that seem to have had much, much longer waits than that. I ended up with:

Build 7/29
Delivered 8/10

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine was built on 8/16. I was told an ETA of the week of 8/29. I am hoping it will be more like this coming week sometime. It's a relatively short journey from the plant to Indy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts