Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out through ETIS that my car was built on 8/9/11. I'm just wondering if you know your build date and how long it took afterward to get delivered.

ETA: Okay, I just realized it say "Build Date: 08.09.2011" I believe this is a European website, so does that mean September 8 and not August 9?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice, our babies were born the same day! (Yes Etis's date is backwards Sept 8 2011 is correct) And were pretty close to each other, so we should probably get them around the same time.
I have been looking into tracking the CSX train they should be shipping on. Ill let you know if I find anything out.
Which dealership did you come from?
I was out of Sunnyvale Ford.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, what a small world! I'm getting mine from Frontier in Santa Clara. It's also Sterling Grey!

Please let me know what you find out about the train! My sales guy said the inventory guy told him around September 20, but nothing is for sure. Every time I parallel park I think "will this be the last time?" LOL :)

Not sure if you follow the Sharks but Sept 20 is also the day of Teal & White, so it's been a really tough wait for both the car and hockey season to start!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi,
I have a question. After placing an order in May we finally have a vin and I have looked up the window sticker. Looking at the upper left corner of the window sticker it appears that the build date is Sept 14th. But if I punch in the VIN on ETIS the build date comes up Nov 30th. Which is more accurate? And if the date is Nov 30 We give up. we do not want to wait 6 months for a new car just to have in time for the salt and slush season.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a digital copy of the window sticker from my car, how does one find the actual build date of ones car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think if you remove the 1 in the2nd number sequence from the upper left it will read 2011 month day. mine reads 120110914 (2011 Sept 14)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think if you remove the 1 in the2nd number sequence from the upper left it will read 2011 month day. mine reads 120110914 (2011 Sept 14)
Ok, I found a number that seems to fit the framework, although on the lower left on my window sticker, showing 20110719.

The dealer says mine arrived just 3 days before I put the deposit on it, which would have had it arrive on August 17 th or 18th. No one else had test driven it as far as I could tell.

Incidentally, isn't there some date like after July 1st or something where they changed processes or adjusted some equipment? I remember reading something that it is better to have build dates after some specific time, but I could just be confusing things.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, what a small world! I'm getting mine from Frontier in Santa Clara. It's also Sterling Grey!

Please let me know what you find out about the train! My sales guy said the inventory guy told him around September 20, but nothing is for sure. Every time I parallel park I think "will this be the last time?" LOL :)

Not sure if you follow the Sharks but Sept 20 is also the day of Teal & White, so it's been a really tough wait for both the car and hockey season to start!!!
NICE! Ya when i first saw the Focus i went to Frontier, it was closest, I fell in LOVE!!! Then i got a wayy better deal at Sunnyvale, but that came with an extra 3 months of waiting. [bigcry]
But its all over soon. My dealer also said the 20th, it must be a conspiracy. haha

I been trying to watch the Giants and is just no doing it for me this season.
But the Sharks are always a good time.

GO SHARKS!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just under 2 months for me. I'm picking mine up on Wednesday.

They seem to be filling orders faster now, but you're going to have transit time on a train to the West Coast whereas mine came on a truck straight from Wayne, MI since I'm just a few hours away.

·
Registered
548 Posts
2 months from build or from order?
I'm assuming you mean from order.

As for all you Shark fans, how about yesterdays game. Go jets go!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts

Posted via FF Mobile
It was 9 days between my build date (Sept 1) and when it arrived at the dealership (Saturday Sept 10th). Got the call from the saleperson that it was in on the 12th. Again, I'm only 5-6 hours from the factory so mine didn't have to go out on a train.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Posted via FF Mobile
I am so happy we have a great feed for the Young Stars Tournament this year! I'm actually very happy for the Jets. I know our boys have it in them (we did beat the Flames 6-1 on Sunday) so I didn't mind the loss as much :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NICE! Ya when i first saw the Focus i went to Frontier, it was closest, I fell in LOVE!!! Then i got a wayy better deal at Sunnyvale, but that came with an extra 3 months of waiting. [bigcry]
But its all over soon. My dealer also said the 20th, it must be a conspiracy. haha

I been trying to watch the Giants and is just no doing it for me this season.
But the Sharks are always a good time.

GO SHARKS!
Frontier said they'd do X-Plan so I'm happy- plus I just got my $500 coupon from the Ford Brochure so I'm expecting I'll get that taken off the price as well and maybe get the $500 off for Ford Financing, too? That would be awesome :)

I actually also called Sunnyvale but they said they didn't have anything that fit my needs in the pipeline as I didn't want to wait more than a month.

Just AVOID AVOID AVOID Capitol Expressway Ford!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi All! So I actually got my car tonight! The dealer got a silver one and I went for it. Paid $1000 under X-Plan from the finance and private cash incentives. The one I was waiting for was gray and I like the silver better :)

Loving this car! Got my phone synced up and the music plays well over the bluetooth. No issues with MFT yet, but of course it's only been a couple of hours. Checked all fo the panels for alignment before I bought it and everything looks great so far :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Kryssa I'm looking to buy one too from Frontier Ford. How did you get all those incentives? I ordered a brochure recently and it didn't have any coupons.

I'm debating whether to get an SEL HB without MFT or a Ti on the X-plan. I want the Ti but the MFT issues I've been hearing about scare me (I'm a techie too).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts