Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a bucking problem when driving there svtf, my car bucks very badly when im driving it , it gets aggrivating, ford said its common cause the engines are a higher reving engine, just looking for feedback on this thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
2REVDUP said:
when you say bucking do you mean like surging
And at what RPM?

If you mean driving at 20 - 25 mph in second gear at 1500 - 2000 rpm, then yes I have a similar, but not extreme problem. Considering I drive maybe a 1/4 mile like that ever day, it doesn't bother me much.

My fuel injected bike does the same thing, only worse.

·
Registered
154 Posts
04svtFO said:
anyone have a bucking problem when driving there svtf, my car bucks very badly when im driving it , it gets aggrivating, ford said its common cause the engines are a higher reving engine, just looking for feedback on this thanks
Welcome to the board, and congrats on the purchase! A nice color choice also!! Anyway, its a common problem. There is a TSB for a new computer flash called YRFO, It is supposed to fix the "surging" as well as some other minor stuff like the battery light flashing, ect., ect. It also changes the DSI to 5000 rpm's instead of 6000 rpm's. I havent gotten it done yet but I will be soon. It is free and the dealership should know about it, but I would suggest going to a SVT certified dealer to get any work done (like Montgomery Ford, thats where I bought mine and where I will take it to get any warranty work done). Here is some more info on the flash from this website .....
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1116&highlight=yrfo

I have talked to quite a few people who have had this done and they said it worked! I hope this helps answer your question!! On a side note, what part of cincy are you from? I live in milford! [thumb]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your SVTF.

Do you happen to mean like a bucking while engaging the clutch? Or do you mean surging?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, congrats on buying your SVT's. That TSB that they're talking about totally cleared up my surging problem. If the dealer gives you any gripe about it refer them to TSB # 03-19-11, that should shut them up. My dealer, personally, was more than happy to flash it, but I've heard stories of some people getting the run around. Good luck with that, see you on the road!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Huh, that is strange to hear that the 04 SVTF did not come with the latest ECU reflash. Weird, Oh well who knows what Ford was thinking. lol

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Rumor has it Ford doesn't think all SVTF's are in need of the YRFO, so they decided to sell them as is and let the customer come back if the sypmtoms arrise. I can't verify this, but it kinda makes sense because I bought my SVT well after the new flash was out...and I still had to take it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly what the deal was. Rather than track down which SVT's were shipped needing that flash they let the customer figure it out.

I know this is true because I asked the dealer to flash it before I picked it up, they said that they'd do it if it exhibited the problems stated in the TSB. And....it did....and now it doesn't. ha!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they said they did the latest flash for the ecu last week. i will ask them about tsb #03-19-11 though thanks everyone ill let ya know, i also bought mine from montgomery ford

·
Registered
975 Posts
Mine used to do that when i first got the car but after awhile it stopped...very weird but awell it runs fine now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts