Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to bring the focus back from the dead and actually drive it to college today! Big deal for me after not having my own transportation for a month. Anyways i was soon able to notice a strange hesitation when pressing the gas pedal. Its hard to explain but here it goes. Car starts fine and goes through 1st gear fine, then when shifting to second gear the rpms drop to 2k-2.5k like normal and when i give it gas from there i notice a strong hesitation/bog. The car will basically sputter until the rpms get high enough where it can coast. Takes quite a bit of time to get up to speed on the highway. I really have to baby it. Now i thought it was a slipping clutch BUT i noticed when i did the motor swap the clutch wasnt too bad...maybe 10-15k (maybe more) miles left on it. So i did some lil tests of my own to see if it is the clutch and from what i got it doesnt seem so. I pulled the ebrake and tried to drive off in 1st...car wanted to move but stalled out..normal. Next i tried to notice a change in RPMs when the hesitation occurs. Surprisingly the RPMs do not spike, the engine speed does not go crazy at all.

Now i'm thinking its a component problem with the fuel system. The gas is okay because i just got a new clean tank this morning. New fuel filter less than 1k miles ago. OH and another symptom is that i'm running reallyyy rich...about 50 miles on $10 of gas and half of that was highway driving. From my other threads, i did a motor swap so the used intake mani was used. Bad injector? Idk any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm going to get a "new" coil at the salvage yard 2m and see if that does anything. And maybe swap my old intake mani in.., iacv, injectors & rail, tps, throttle body etc as well

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fixed the problem. I replaced multiple sensors and ignitional coil/wires. Turned out that the problem was fouled spark plugs from when i blew the head gasket...i have no idea why i never changed them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine was running rich until i replaced the Oxygen sensor. just look into that and see if thats the prob im gettin almost double my gas millage since i replaced it

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Somehow I missed this thread, glad you got it fixxed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts