Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I drive my 2001 ZX3 and notice that the radiator bottle has bubbles in it after driving around. Check engine light says IACV is acting up. Does this have any effect on the hot bubbles in the system? What does this mean? H E L P!!!!! [?|]

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
The IACV is the Idle Air Control Valve. It is a passageway opened and closed by a computer controlled solenoid valve that bypasses the throttle plate in the throttle body. By regulating the size of this opening, the computer can more accurately control the engine idle speed for varying loads (such as whether the AC is on or whether the power steering is at low speed, full lock.) The idle speed on the Focus is controlled by this mechanism rather than the old style throttle stop screw.

It shouldn't have any effect on your cooling system other than an increased idle speed will turn the water pump quicker.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
More description needed B4 we start worrying about MAJOR issues... (head gasket)...

How MUCH bubbling for example.. Stock coolant? Any additives? Any recent work on the car?

Help us out, so we DON'T scare you with "worst case" possibilities...

Luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
when i received the car - it has the orange coolant...no additives that i know and no work on it...other than that, it runs very well...every now and then it hesitates like it needs power when giving it gas....bubbling is only after its been running around the area....when it idles at the house, hardly any bubbling...

UPDATE - false alarm...it was normal...had one of my shady tree ASE qualified retired mechanics work on it with me...wasnt use to a car with coolant bubbling visible in the tank...drained, flushed and new coolant - NO ISSUES!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts