Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question. The bsd looks easy as hell and especially since im already down there doing rod bearings (motor still in car btw) I figured wtf ill toss it in. My question is though, when you guys go to install the oil pan again, what do you do about sealing the side where the timing cover seats. If you install the pan straight up onto the block, with rtv on that side to reseal the timing cover, wouldnt the rtv immediately scrape off when the pan meets the timing cover? It doesnt make sense you guys that did this were able to have the pan not leak at the timing cover on the bottom. Maybe I'm missing something? Any input id really appreciate guys. Thanks.

-Mike

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^ all that plus I might add is doing the engine side too, I end up using a plastic razor blade too. That was the most consuming time for me, even on a rack. I used a plug pounded in & a windage tray too! Why are you doing rod bearing's? How many mile's?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the car super cheap. 300 bucks because it has a rod knock. Ran low on oil. Its an 05 with 64k. I opted to change the bearings with the engine in so I can sell it. This site has been so helpful. Its a sharp looking car. Silver, tinted windows, black svt wheels, lowered, power everything, 6 disk cd changer. A buddy of mine had it since it was brand new and ran it low on oil so he then neglected it while it sat in his yard collecting dust dirt mold mud etc. Its nice though! He was just sick of looking at it and I wanted a new project.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
If your just going to sell the thing don't do the BSD. Your average person isn't going to like the added vibrations it presents.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i already purchased the bsd. I figured it already has an exhaust and intake with a lowered stance and rims, so my target buyers are going to be cool with more modifications. It already vibrates from the exhaust. No big deal :).

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
If it got low on oil, chances are the car stuck an oil retainer ring, and is going to suck down a ton more oil and crap out again. Just an FYI, its what happened to my stock motor, and few others on here. So just doing the rod bearings won't fix the real problem likely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts