Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after several years, I've decided to do it; I'm going to remove the balance shaft out of my 04 ZX3 2.3 DD. Don't know why its taken me so long to decide to do this, but, hey, that's life. Is there any difference between the various brands of BSD? Or, should I just go ahead and purchase the cheapest one? Thanks for your insight.... DJ

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Well, after several years, I've decided to do it; I'm going to remove the balance shaft out of my 04 ZX3 2.3 DD. Don't know why its taken me so long to decide to do this, but, hey, that's life. Is there any difference between the various brands of BSD? Or, should I just go ahead and purchase the cheapest one? Thanks for your insight.... DJ
I just used a plug & peened it in & added a speed3 windage tray. For you, I'd get Massive's kit w/ a windage tray. He's a vender here.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Massive makes a nice one, works fine to date for my car.

Wouldn't go for anything but brand name for this, simple pieces but if NFG there goes most of your oil pressure.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Massive makes a nice one, works fine to date for my car.

Wouldn't go for anything but brand name for this, simple pieces but if NFG there goes most of your oil pressure.
Did you use the windage tray, Roger? I believe Massive has a package deal on those.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
NOW they do, IDK if they even offered that back in '11, don't remember seeing it then.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just installed the Massive BSD with their Windage tray for my turbo build and I really like it. Design is very functional

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I just installed the Massive BSD with their Windage tray for my turbo build and I really like it. Design is very functional
Great designed tray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts