Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is about time for me to have my own build thread on this site. Naturally I have been apart of many and built many parts for everyone else's builds, but never really had my own Focus build.

I am finally getting out of the Honda world and selling my Integra, and have decided to build a Focus to race personally in basically a 'true-street' class or something close to that, but still be able to take it out on the road for weekend cruise ins and car shows.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-2.5 duratec
-gtx4294r turbo
-custom turbo kit by Top Speed

2.5 head is on the left. 2.3 head is on right.

2.5L Monster Intake Port:

2.3L Intake Port:

2.5L VCT Cam journal:

2.5L Oil Passage in block:

2.3L Block w/o Oil Passage:

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Sick! Thinking about producing more of those PCV plates for the Dura? :)

What rods are those?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'm sure this is going to be a good one.

I'm guessing the car will be Comp Orange when you're done?

What did you snake that Duratec 25 out of?

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Giggity..

Has anybody even done the 2.5 Dura into a focus before period? let alone a turbo one. keeping my eye on this

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sick! Thinking about producing more of those PCV plates for the Dura? :)

What rods are those?
The PCV plates will be $55. If you want one, be sure to email [email protected] and we will get you taken care of.

The rods are custom made for me by GRP connecting rods. They are aluminum and really not recommended for the average street car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure this is going to be a good one.

I'm guessing the car will be Comp Orange when you're done?

What did you snake that Duratec 25 out of?
The entire car will be painted once we finish up all the fab work. We just had the engine bay painted so that would be done and would not prevent us from installing the engine. The color is Lamborghini Arancio Borealis.

The 2.5L came out of a 2011 Ford Fusion.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Please, Please, PLEASE document what it takes to run the 2.5l in our cars. those ports look HUGE! id be very interested in buying any and all necessary custom swap parts from you guys (make a kit?)

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
I haven't ever seen a focus with a 2.5L, so it very well could be the first.
when i was workin at ford and i first seen the 2.5 i was thinkin it would be sweet to do that

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please, Please, PLEASE document what it takes to run the 2.5l in our cars. those ports look HUGE! id be very interested in buying any and all necessary custom swap parts from you guys (make a kit?)
We are going to make a kit. We are also currently building a high compression n/a 2.5 for another project car.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
We are going to make a kit. We are also currently building a high compression n/a 2.5 for another project car.
You guys are doing big things! Game changing!

What are you guys aiming for HP wise on the N/A build?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of shopping on your site once that kit is out [thumb]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
we will be building 2 different n/a engines to test in the car.
First will be a stock bottom end 2.5 with a ported 2.3 head, crane cams and itb's

the second motor will be a 15:1 compression 2.5 with a ported 2.5 head

we will be doing testing with the first motor while we get the second one figured out. We should have the first motor running within a month.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts