Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TL;DR = Cheap options to replace broken roof mouldings?

Hi,
It appears as if someone pulled up on my rubber roof moulding during the really cold weather and snapped the nylon-infused rubber strip. The glued tape is still visible in the channel with a lil bit of the rubber left attached. I still have the short/broken segment.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it? Can I superglue it back onto the rubber remains on the tape and the butt end?

It seems that the part numbers for the two channel mouldings are 50462 (passenger) and 50463 (driver) with supposedly cost $80 each retail and maybe $62 online (I can only find one online vendor in the USA). Pretty expensive!!

Can anyone suggest other options? I would imagine (at least with the current temps) it really difficult to tear one out of a picknpull. Any suggestions are appreciated!

TIA

Attachments

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
mines doing the exact same im just going to let it fall off, clean it and leave it off =D only reason for the channel/rubber strip is to direct the water to the front and back instead of the door areas.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,305 Posts
mines doing the exact same im just going to let it fall off, clean it and leave it off =D only reason for the channel/rubber strip is to direct the water to the front and back instead of the door areas.
Wrong=D......Its where the roof /qtrs, side meets/ assembled. They fill the gap. You'll also find the strips are double back taped on... same as lots of other vehicles xD.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts