Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I took a long drive tonight with the car for fun and I just happen to look under the car because I never looked at it (I am like that...).

Anyway, I wasn't able to take a picture because it was 1AM and very dark, but I was able to find one on Google. See attached.

The piece that is bolted in the yellow rectangle, what is that ?

The part on the right (where we don't see the screw) is crooked / bend a little bit by about 1 inch.

Is that something I should be concerned about ? What is this part ? I think it is the heat shield for the converter, but I am not really sure.

Thanks all.

Attachments

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Looks like a heat shield. As long as it's still held up to the car and not rattling, don't worry about it.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Heatshield indeed... mine was torn off because of a flying metal piece that passed under my car... whatever...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine took a tread recap and obliterated part of it. It makes one of the most annoying and impossible sounds to locate. It was driving me insane. I just ripped off the busted part.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
It will fall sooner or later with time! :)

I've noticed hotter center console in my previous mk3 Golf (which lost the heatshield) but nothing to catch fire...

In fact never seen any car catch fire because they've lost their heatshield...

Heatshield on a plastic gas tank, i'd be worried tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts