Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to drill out the key cylinder and broke the little plug on the immobilizer. I found the part but don't know the order of the four wires, can anyone help!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so I went to the junkyard and got a new plug so no problems there. NOW... still won't start. Learned how to read the code and it's a bad connection or malfunction with the transceiver. I pulled it off and yup there is something shaking in there a little part fell off the board, so now my new question. If I replace this part do I have to program it?

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Likely not but it doesn't matter as you have to do what it takes to repair the damage you did to drive the car again.

Likely not as the key code comes from key and has to verify in the PCM itself, the board you wrecked likely just carries the signal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Likely not but it doesn't matter as you have to do what it takes to repair the damage you did to drive the car again.

Likely not as the key code comes from key and has to verify in the PCM itself, the board you wrecked likely just carries the signal.
thanks I was of course gonna get a new one just wanted to prepare myself!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's fixed! I replaced the plug then replaced the transceiver. It still wouldn't start. Turns out when you put wires in the wrong place you pop a fuse. It's a 7.5 in slot 61. changed it and started right up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts