Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is where this goes but someone recently broke off the handle that tilts the seat forward so the passengers can get out of the back. I peeled the clothes off the back of the seat to try to look at it further and it doesnt really look like you can just replace it but if anyone knows how to fix it that would be great.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Moved to Interior as it's best here......

I dunno, that really sucks. So is it completely broken as in you can't use the seat anymore, like move it up (the back part)?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am able to use the tilt that moves the seat permanently but the one that the back seat passengers use to get out completely broke off. It just sucks because you cant get in on the drivers side now without moving the seat and then having to readjust it when you get it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help but I guess I should of been a little more clear. If you havent looked at the handle there is a hole in the middle of it with a screw. This screw screws into a cylinder shaped thing that when the handle is pulled forward it bends a coil of wire and the sit tilts forward. Im not sure what this cylinder hting is made of but thats what actually broke off. The cylinder snaped in half not the handle itself.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Have you been driving the incredible hulk around or something?

·
Registered
154 Posts
this has happened to my car 2 times. first time a gate SP thought he was the incredible hulk and ripped it right off. (only had the car a week, and less the 2000miles) and second time, my wife did it. so far its still broken. The only way i know how to repair it is by taking it to the dealer. they unstitch the seat a bit , and replace the tilt mech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts