Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Broken front springs

777 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rockthezx3 
G
#1 ·
Have any of you Foci Fans had front springs break? Mine did yesterday on the passenger side. A loud twang and it had gone. Luckily it broke inside the bottom coil sheathing and contained itself. Took it to the dealer and they replaced both under a new extended "front coil spring breakage warranty." Good for 10 years or 120,000 KM. My car is a 2002 Zetec sedan with 56000 KM's. Beware!

#2 ·
^^i havent heard of anyone on here having this problem, but yea that notice was sent out along time ago, i saw it and i was like wow, so they only replace them if they break, and i was like ok, so if they break on the hwy and i total my car into a wall....hows replacing the the springs after something happened going to help any. Luckyl nothing bad happened and you didnt get into an accident.

#4 ·
That JUST happened to my friends zx3 the other day, it sounded horrible when he took right turns. And it was the same side, the passengers side. Apparently there was a recall on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.