Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just happened in my driveway going over a bump. glad it did'nt happen at highway speeds. anyone have this happen to them? would my poly bushing have done this?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah after looking at the pics it kinda does have rust on 80% of it. But is it from the poly do you think?

·
Trying to Focus
1,881 Posts
How long ago did you install those bushings? It’s not likely that poly bushings of themselves would produce a fracture like that. If torque settings were too high, or bushing lubrication was lacking (poly bushings do require periodic, appropriate lubricants), those might have contributed to the apparently long-developing (metal fatigue?) fracture.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Poly Bushing ARE harder on a car, but I agree, its been cracked a while. Welcome to high performance parts :)...Replace it and see what happens. We have NOT broken one of those yet on the race car, So that bodes well for you .

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments there was and still is lots of grease on the bushings. but they were probly installed wrong on my part. Im going to swap in stock and try that for a while

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Need more pictures. In the one posted, it looks a bit squished in front... maybe...
Unlikely that poly bushing would alone be the root cause. Need more information though. The "toe link" takes the fore-aft loading in the suspension, so the location looks close to the area of high bending stress.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GODAMN these poly bushings are trying to kill me! my drivers side rear lca just broke at the outter bushing! I think i know what I did wrong on these. the sleeve was loose in the arm so I tack welded them in.
for the time being I welded it up good to get it home

rockauto dosent have replacement arems so I emailed dom and I will see what he says about new ones

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Doms' rear lca's are about $380 not to mention they have height adjust for the spring and you can move the wheel out up to 1.5" I think but you have to have either his toe or camber arms to adjust out.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I say it was cracked a long time and finally let go. That clean metal was the only thing holding it. I actually got massive camber/toe arms. If that failed check ur rear lca where the sway connects for cracks. Thank godness I live in socal and no rust

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I say it was cracked a long time and finally let go. That clean metal was the only thing holding it. I actually got massive camber/toe arms. If that failed check ur rear lca where the sway connects for cracks. Thank godness I live in socal and no rust
I reinforced my rear lca at the sway bar hole but it snapped at the outter bushing yesterday

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Look's like you could use some toe-link's from Dom or CFM, & add the CFM boot's too. Dom has rear lower control arm's for you too= awesome! Or you could just get some new one's & run them w/ the stock bushing's. I've run a Steeda rear bar w/ no problem's for a few year's now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts