Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the one of the little black plastic pieces on the end of the shaft that the armrest pivots on in my focus has broken. Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find parts for this. The flopping loose armrest is more annoying than useful. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Same thing happened to mine! Also, the clip on the top of the armrest is loose so I can just lift the soft part up and open it... what side is yours broken on, drivers or passengers? Mine's the drivers side, and I don't push down on it. I'm gonna bring my car in to get that fixed under warranty, because I didn't do a damn thing to it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
junkyard. probably cost 30 bucks, and you'll have to take the whole armrest, but it will be better than fords price for just the broken piece if they even offer it seperate from the armrest.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yes junk yard just bought a whole middle console for 30 bucks for the same problem and a minor light switch drill bit error

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was thinking about going back and seeing if i can get it fixed under warranty, the whole damn thing is broke. First the drivers side broke, then it pissed me off and i ripped the whole thing off, which probably answers my question about getting it fixed under warranty. thanks for the help

G

·
I have a standard and it was annoying anyway. Couldn't use the handbrake properly so I removed it. Its still in my basement and I wont use it again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same thing happened to mine, and I was gonna get one from the junk yard, but ford had it in within a day ....they wouldn't cover it under warranty but they did meet me half way so I think I paid $20 for it .....and no it isn't a separate piece ...I had to order just the top half ...which included the plastic latch piece and the foam piece .....it was kinda crappy that I had to pay for it, but you might have better luck at your dealership, and like I said they had it available the next day .....good luck [thumb]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts