Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone today we got that Northeast Storm.... the 2nd one or snow one.

When my dad and I decided to start the cleaning, we started with the car. I started on mine while he started on my sister. Well shore enough I made my way towards the roof on my car.... slowly but surely it got cleaned. While in the process of cleaning the roof I managed to snap my Antenna right at the base. So I guess this blow......

sooo my question now is, what is a good replacement antenna ???

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it snapped at eh base, so the threaded stud peice is inside.... what now?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
^shark fins dont fit/work on the focus. theres already a thread on here somewhere about it. I'd say just get another stock one (rip it off from a junkyard, the dealer will charch you an arm n a leg), or get a shorty antenna n rip evrything else from a junkyard

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
if you have to replace the antenna base, you have to access it by removing the dome lamp inside. super eaasy to do.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
^shark fins dont fit/work on the focus. theres already a thread on here somewhere about it. I'd say just get another stock one (rip it off from a junkyard, the dealer will charch you an arm n a leg), or get a shorty antenna n rip evrything else from a junkyard
anything can work with some modification!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The base is really cheap thru Steve or Mike. I have the FC Shorty antenna that was on clearance from CFM, looks sweet.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i think im gunna talk to mike.... i hate going to the local junk yard... well this time... mud and more mud to trail in the fofo.... is a no no.

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
same thing happened to me this week. i was pissed when i hit it. my friend just laughed because she knows how much i worship the car.lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't know why people like the shorty, it got horrible reception for the limited time it was on my car and my wife kept making fun of it for looking like a wang sticking up from my roof.

I ended up getting the longest generic antenna I could find once the rubber on my stock antenna started to crack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts