Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some background...i leaned back sorta kinda on the top corner of my seat to get something out of the back and the seat bent out of shape...so i tried to bend it back and it came back a little but not nearly enough...after about a week and a half of driving ive decided that i cannot live with it...i need a new seat...so i call up my local ford dealer and the guy at the parts desk nonchalantly says that it'll be about a grand to get a new seat...so f that noise...i ll just get 2 racing seats and replace both seats for less than that im sure...anyways...what do you guys recommend for a nice comfortable seat...id also prefer if it used the regular over the shoulder strap instead of the 4-point harness

thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
105 Posts
A decent set off aftermarket seats is going to run you near a grand. Recaro and Sparco are the two top aftermarket seat makers. Recaro tends to run a little bit cheaper than Sparco. I have Sparco Torino 2 street seats. They fit very well and are adjustable with a quick tilt forward feature for rear passengers. If your a little wide around the middle the Sparco's can be very uncomfortable.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I know what they look like but can you get a pic of them in your car???? PLEASE!!! lol

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Honestly I wish they had a bit more bolster in the thigh region but hey its a very comfortable seat that holds you pretty darn well.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
thanks for the pics and sorry for hijacking the thread.... lol i was going to ask when you took the pics cause its dark here but im not thinking your in Wa. anyways do they touch the b pillar at all??? and they look great they even look better then the recaros just dont let the recaro lovers know i said that lol how much where they if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Those pics were taken after the install around 3 months ago lol. And they come close to touching the b-pillar but don't. Have around 3/8" of space there. And I bought them from CFM. They were around 850 bucks with Corbeau brackets. Shipping was free!!! lol

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
oh ok thanks thats not a bad price..... i just pm'd you about a website HonHon told me about you might have heard of it but he didnt want me to tell abunch of ppl check it out if you havent.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so ive started to look around and there are some pretty nice seats that i might be interested in...but since im pretty soggy around the midsection im wondering how wide the normal focus seat is so i can get a better idea of what im looking for...

EDIT: what i mean is ... where do they take the measurements to say the chair will accomodate X" waist, etc...thanks

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
I think if you go to Sparco's website the have a chart where the measurement of each seat are then when you find one that seem wide enough go look and see if the seats you found are big enough.. and i kno0w what your talking about i sat in my friends EVO and the seats he has are way too small they actually hurt my sides lol.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i've searched the How-To Archive and also on the website and i cannot find it...how do u remove the front seat??...no one has made a how-to of it??

·
Registered
575 Posts
ok so i've searched the How-To Archive and also on the website and i cannot find it...how do u remove the front seat??...no one has made a how-to of it??
I was wondering about this as well because i just bought a sparco seat and 4 point harness for VERY cheap and was gonna just install the one. And maybe buy another one later on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts