Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 140 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I would ask if you are waiting on the sun to shine but winter is coming...haha
Auto-x looks like fun.
It was a blast. I just found this group in time to run at their last two events for this year. Can't wait for next spring!

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Fixed all of the videos now so they are actually embedded.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
OK, what happened on run #2?

Got to see #1 twice, that hurt your averages (grin).

Can't say you didn't push it, camera location makes the cones look far away most of the time though. End up with a couple clean runs?

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Really only had one clean run. Kept making minor mistakes. The asphalt at this venue made the tires feel greasy which isn't surprising. They are all season tires.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Cool, saw the second run now.

Had to prove I watched, videos still seem weird because there aren't the usual references to see what's happening and that often makes corners seem less than they are. (all fixed videos)

I was joking with you, but it's true that Auto-X is one place to push it past the limits on a run or two just to see where they are. You certainly did there.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I got ya. I was really disappointed in how I ran overall yesterday. Had a fantastic 4th run until I screwed myself with lift induced oversteer at the end of the slalom.

The camera wasn't ideally placed. I wanted it back further but I put my numbers in the way so I put the camera right below my mirror. Next time I'll try better placement.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
That did look like the best run up to that point.

Smoother all the way through.

That slalom was so fast and open as to tempt going faster than you could. Seemed to have a more open spot in the middle for acceleration.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
That did look like the best run up to that point.

Smoother all the way through.

That slalom was so fast and open as to tempt going faster than you could. Seemed to have a more open spot in the middle for acceleration.
I was actually banging the rev limiter in the first run and the little right at the end was just too much at that speed. I think around 58 mph or so. Very fast course and very large.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
More Autocross. Going to have to sort out my tire situation. All seasons just don't cut it.

These are from a test and tune weekend so although they tracked times and cones they didn't post official results.

Saturday's Best Run was 51.832 Plus 1-2 cones

Sundays Best Run 48.379 I believe was clean

There are more on my channel. I still haven't found a "perfect" camera placement solution.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
All season doesn't help - and yeah - inside camera might be better.

Sounds help tell what's happening, and wind took over there.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I need to invest in a windshield or dash mount for my phone so I can record with more than one source.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Pictures from (2) weeks ago I forgot about. Replaced my spark plugs & wires as well as fixed my airbag light finally! New spark plugs gained me about 5 mpg and make the car run much smoother! It has been a long long time since my car has given me anything close to 30 mpg.

Shameless random picture. Looks pretty good for as old as it is and how much abuse it takes.

No more airbag light!!!! discovered after all this time the codes I was given were wrong and found out my passenger seat had come unplugged... Plugged it back in and electrical taped the plug together.

New plugs & wires. I tried to get a photo of the old plugs but couldn't get a decent picture. They definitely needed replacement though!

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
So I bought wheels with Bridgestone RE71R. Can't wait for warm weather.

Literally couldn't wait and put them on even though it's 30 degrees and there's traces of snow. Oh well, not my daily anyway.

Attachments

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Haha - Betting on the last Snow!

RACE Rubba FTW
Supposed to be in the mid 40's to 50's this weekend. Perfect to try the tires for their first autocross.

On a side note I noticed my right rear spring isolator is trying to escape from the upper perch... Project for another day I suppose. Not sure how I would fix it without dropping the control arm and if I do that I know I'll have to buy a new one and replacement bolts. It was a miracle i got it apart last time without a sawzall and fire.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Went for a test drive today and it rained... So here's two filthy car pictures from today. Tires aren't meant for the wet so I couldn't get them hot and push them to the limit.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 140 Posts