Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,524 Posts
Brett, by the way. The brake pads are Hawk HPS pads front and back with Russell stainless steel brake lines.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm going to try and take more video tomorrow. I'm going to add some foam over the mic on the camera to clean up wind noise.

Don,

Thought the pads felt pretty good. I couldn't remember what your said they were. The svt hawk pads seem to dust more than the regular focus hawk pads.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This one is a little better. I uploaded several today but this one is most enjoyable.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Did a thing today. Upper grill looked like crap so I painted it satin black. Looks better than greyish white.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm sure it will last much longer. The restoration stuff only seems to last a few days.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I've heard that too. I didn't have a heat gun. The grill was to the point where prior to sanding I could brush powder of it due to sun wear. Not sure if heat would have worked.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
$12 beer tap shift knob.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Great looking ZX3. [thumb]
Keep us posted with updates.
Thanks! Haven't had as much free time as I wanted this summer and had some medical things eat up my extra money... Being an adult and paying bills responsibly sucks[giddy].

Hoping to replace the passenger axle shaft here soon. The AutoZone P.O.S. in the car is starting to clunk and I am certain that the carrier bearing is bad as well...

·
Super Moderator
9,524 Posts
Brett, just passing along some information on the calipers. They were already painted black with the Duplicolor brake enamel. If anything, they just need to be retouched. I took them off and cleaned them with a ton of brake cleaner before even putting paint on the surface. So I am sure the paint is still good on them.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Brett, just passing along some information on the calipers. They were already painted black with the Duplicolor brake enamel. If anything, they just need to be retouched. I took them off and cleaned them with a ton of brake cleaner before even putting paint on the surface. So I am sure the paint is still good on them.
The paint was good except where I scratched it. Still need to complete the rear swap.[giddy]

41 - 60 of 140 Posts