Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pictures of my car. It's dirty from all of the pollen right now. There will be some big updates coming this summer as I recently purchased a second focus to act as a parts donor for some extra fun.
uploadfromtaptalk1461251227412.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461251234235.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461251251399.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
What do you have planned? Is your car 23 powered?

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is a zetec. The car I bought has a JRSC with BBK and svt brakes all around. I plan to swap on the brakes this summer. I need to save up for the JRSC install. I'll probably just do a straight engine swap because the donor car has less miles than mine.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
What do you have planned for suspension? Asked cause you mentioned svt brake upgrade. Great time to add hard to find svt spindles or the easier to find '05 only spindles which works w/ the earlier struts, but you'll need to get the '05+ bigger ball joints or a pr of '05+ arms or a great step up is CFM's tubular A-arms, stouter, lighter, better traction. Just order the pr for the '05+ cars.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Currently the car sits on H&R coilovers and handles really well. I eventually want to swtich to poly bushings since I am still riding on the original 13 year old rubber ones.

The donor car I have has complete SVT front and rear brakes with Russell SS lines. The brakes have been sitting for about four years but only have ~2,500 miles on them. My plan is to clean them up, paint everything black and throw them on the car this summer.

Here's a couple pictures of the donor. I don't have many saved on my phone.

uploadfromtaptalk1461346095744.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461346103071.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using FF Mobile

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
Great you already have a svt setup(brakes/spindles). I also prefer black for calipers vs the typical red. I redid mine last yr from semi flat to gloss black.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will likely just buy cheap black engine enamel and call it a day. I really think unless you have bad ass baer or brembos red is tacky. I don't mind silver though and that could also be an option.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
I do, I prefer black thou. Say are you going to use that hood on your car?

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am currently undecided. I do like the hood a lot but currently don't want to invest in painting it right now.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
It's so dirty! Better tell Don to stop over and wash it. Sounds like a good plan you have going on. The SVT brakes are GREAT. big improvement.

That's the VIS hood yes? I think it would look good. Can always take it off and store it. If you change your mind, could always get rid of it.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is the VIS invader hood. I think it would look sweet on my car. I can't wait to start swapping the brakes over.

·
Super Moderator
9,524 Posts
Oh, it was washed before it went into his hands. Mother Nature did her work on it for two straight days lol. Brett, you should have seen your mother cleaning off the spider egg sacs saying she didn't want to have them crawling all over the garage lol. I said the egg sacs were the price and the car went along with them for free. Have fun with it Brett, and hopefully you get a few more years of enjoyment out of your car in the process. Remember, a lot of the parts on this car are still good. Did I give you the timing belt kit also?

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can only imagine. My mother can be a trip. The pictures I posted are from earlier in the week before you washed it. The timing kit was in the glove box. I found it while looking for. There is definitely a lot of good stuff in the car. I'll have to really go through the car next time I'm home.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will the lighter 08 calipers work with SVT pads and rotors? I'm tempted to make that part of my brake swap.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Fit 'em to the SVT brackets to get the right spacing for the larger discs.

Check for a match there, can't remember for sure if it's been done.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are they that much lighter to make a difference? You would have to do some research to see if they are compatible...
I heard they are quite a bit lighter and I believe the same size.

Fit 'em to the SVT brackets to get the right spacing for the larger discs.

Check for a match there, can't remember for sure if it's been done.
I thought I read that's it's been done. I'll have to read and search to see what I can find.

I just started my swap today!! :D

Not newer like you want to try -- but woo!
Awesome! Have fun with the upgrade!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts