Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to this forum and so far I've read a lot about what you guys/gals like to do to your cars as far as improving them. But I don't think I've seen a post about how you guys keep your cars in shape, by that I mean that for example: I bougth my car in Jan of 08, the car drives nice and I really haven't pushed it too hard but I remember driving a previous svt that handled and felt very nice, now my car has just turned 100,000 miles and I'm aware that some of the performance is gone, but what I have done to the car to lets say "improve" the car are the following:

1. Mandatory tune up, 2. Changed tranny fluid w/royal purple, 3. Changed tie rods, 4. Changed the rear engine mount since I noticed that the seals were broken therefore I had a lot of engine play, 5. Clean throtle body since there was a lot of grease around the plate, 6. Cleaned the MAF

Ever since my car drives and feels waaaayyyy better, and my following "mod" is the k&n filter. Is there anybody doing things like this, if so, what are you doing to maintain your cars in "good shape".[ffrocks]

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I'm having a tough time with the paint. I wash and wax it but slat is taking its toll, mostly on my pass. side door, the clear is coming off on the edges. Does anyone know a really good hookup to a bodyshop that does fantastic work?

·
Registered
20 Posts
you say you are aware that some performance is gone, what I do is drive my car easy and then sometimes i give it some gas and it makes me think that it is faster. Another thing is a turbo or supercharger, haha.

·
Registered
347 Posts
just keep her maintained is my 2 cents, when shes not responding to throttle, clean the TB, just notice little things, due to high milage, and keep up with everything, don't be scared to ask questions, were here to help

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
Replace the swaybar endlinks and the the bushings for the rear bar. it will make your car much tighter then you ever thought. really does the body(roll) good.

also get a tune it is well worth the 400 bucks just for driveability.

·
Registered
142 Posts
timing belt, if u didnt have it done with the tune up

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Yep on the timing belt.
100,000 is about as much as anyone should run one on an SVTF.

BTW, have you changed the fuel filter yet?

There's a good discussion going on in the Technical Chat area about what to do at 100,000 miles:
'04 SVT 90K/100K Maintenance ?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It also never hurts to run some top engine cleaner, too.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
WD40, about the timing belt, what would be the most years (age) you would run it? I'm at 39k but the belt is now 5.5 years old. Should I be getting it replaced?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts