Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Bring on the snow!

3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  02fordsvt 
#1 ·
I tried to find a post where everyone posted their winter setup but i couldnt find it. Not sure what the name of the thread was though.

Well i put mine on a few days ago. Ive been painting them up the past few months, i think they look ok for stockers. [8]

General AltiMAX Arctic winter tires 205/60/15 stock ZX3 wheels.

See less See more
#15 ·
Looks good... mudflaps next? :)

I'll post some of mine eventually. Just put em on yesterday but the alignment is screwed like crazy now.

Any reason for going 205/60R15? I have the same stock wheels (well, when I bought it them for the focus anyway) but the factory tire size for those were 195/60R15. I'm guessing 05 up uses 205s and that's where that came from. I know you want a skinnier tire to cut through the snow vs a big wide tire.

edit: all I got right now.... up on the alignment rack :)

#20 ·
Got my snows on last night [headbang]

The shop also found this - awhile ago I hit a pothole and cut a sidewall. I brought the car to a local shop and had them replace the tire - apparently they broke the band and instead of properly fixing it, the used a flap wheel to grind the paint off and siliconed the TPMS to the wheel.... [confused]

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards calling them and telling them then can either fix it properly, including painting the wheel, or I can have my other shop fix it and send them the bill. ...Then again, it almost looks like someone had it taped to the wheel before... WTF.

#26 ·
I'm probably going to be using those Generals this winter, the tread looks awesome for snow and slush. I'm a little concerned about fitment, they are 205/50/17s and are actually coming from a friend of mine who used to have an SRT4. They're going to be a little taller than my usual 215/45/17s so I don't know how well that's going to work with my suspension drop.

#27 ·
I want to see that, i have some nice 17" centerline wheels and im wanting to put on 215/50/17s but i have no drop and alot of fender gap.

The 205/60/15 clear easy so ide think i could run the 215/50/17 but its hard to say.

#28 ·
I'm running 55/16's on my winter rims right now and don't have too much of a rubbing problem. The only time it rubs is on bumps and such, never when turning. The only thing is that I don't have a drop so that could cause more problems for you depending on how much the suspension compresses on bumps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.