Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to find a post where everyone posted their winter setup but i couldnt find it. Not sure what the name of the thread was though.

Well i put mine on a few days ago. Ive been painting them up the past few months, i think they look ok for stockers. [8]

General AltiMAX Arctic winter tires 205/60/15 stock ZX3 wheels.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
For winter, anything goes. lol

That is a pretty cool idea for painting them.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Needs to be lowered.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Is that thing lifted? Good idea with the wheel paint. You'll love those tires in the winter. Ranked pretty good.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Those tires look good. I'm afraid of the snow this year, my tires are getting pretty bad and I'm dirt poor. Also, 07s seem to have come off the line with really high suspension. Mine was the same way.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
How did you lift the car. I want to lift mine up a little someday.

·
So mote be it
8,958 Posts
2" lift from the factory
Those tires look good. I'm afraid of the snow this year, my tires are getting pretty bad and I'm dirt poor. Also, 07s seem to have come off the line with really high suspension. Mine was the same way.

Yeah the '07s just looked super high from Ford..
How did you lift the car. I want to lift mine up a little someday.
I'll sell you my stock '07 suspension for cheap! (not that it'd fit your '02 or anything)

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Ah, I get it now. lol

Even my dads Focus doesn't look that high but pictures are deceptive sometimes.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
We just need a big skating ring=ICE, for more work= Body shop!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, I get it now. lol

Even my dads Focus doesn't look that high but pictures are deceptive sometimes.
It gets a 2" drop when i get in, then it looks normal on the drivers side [shameful]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
my 07 was really high too

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Looks good... mudflaps next? :)

I'll post some of mine eventually. Just put em on yesterday but the alignment is screwed like crazy now.

Any reason for going 205/60R15? I have the same stock wheels (well, when I bought it them for the focus anyway) but the factory tire size for those were 195/60R15. I'm guessing 05 up uses 205s and that's where that came from. I know you want a skinnier tire to cut through the snow vs a big wide tire.

edit: all I got right now.... up on the alignment rack :)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got em used from a guy with an SVT and he put them on 15"s then found out the 15"s wouldnt fit over his rotors.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Got my snows on last night [headbang]

The shop also found this - awhile ago I hit a pothole and cut a sidewall. I brought the car to a local shop and had them replace the tire - apparently they broke the band and instead of properly fixing it, the used a flap wheel to grind the paint off and siliconed the TPMS to the wheel.... [confused]

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards calling them and telling them then can either fix it properly, including painting the wheel, or I can have my other shop fix it and send them the bill. ...Then again, it almost looks like someone had it taped to the wheel before... WTF.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts