Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently took the car in and got it repaired and when we were driving home tonight hubby went to turn the brights on and instead the lights went off.

When we got home I checked the hazard lights to make sure they worked and all 4 of them work, but when I had him try the brights again they wouldn't come on, the lights just went off instead. I told him to push the one stick the other way and he told me it doesn't go the other way.

Is this something like easy to fix, maybe they just accidentally disconnected something?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay NM think I found the answer to my question, I thought they were the same bulb just turned on at higher power.

So for the brights would I just need two H7's (reading the manual) or an HB2?

I've never replaced front lights, just brake lights before.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Pull one of the highbeams out and check it, it is very obvious when they are fried. Is your highbeam switch "clicking"?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're talking about the brights. I was just checking the amber hazard lights to make sure those were working.

Viney, what exactly do you mean by clicking? The left handle thing clicks when you pull it towards you to turn the brights on.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
going from high beams to normal ones there is a little bit of a flick as it goes to the more powerful set. It should be oblivious when them some on though

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hubby says yeah when it works. Now it flicks off.

If I looked at the fuse box underneath the hood there is a fuse missing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts