Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a brighter headlamp solution to replace the factory lamps that won't hurt my wallet to bad?

·
Registered
154 Posts
FWIW I raised my heads ever so slightly and it helped. Guess this guy aimed my headlights at the factory...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
GE Nighthawk Sport... Under $25/pair on Amazon but appear back ordered right now so next best bet is $27.59 with free shipping on eBay... They are brighter, and whiter with just a tiny hint of blue... Also they aren't the ones that burn out in 125 hours (Platinum), the Sport are rated for 450 hours.

·
Registered
845 Posts
GE Nighthawk Sport... Under $25/pair on Amazon but appear back ordered right now so next best bet is $27.59 with free shipping on eBay... They are brighter, and whiter with just a tiny hint of blue... Also they aren't the ones that burn out in 125 hours (Platinum), the Sport are rated for 450 hours.
Do you have pics of these? I was considering them.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have been using the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited's for my lows/highs...they are very bright/white (to me) but didn't last a year (11 mos.) - that is with ~25K miles so folks who don't drive as much may get more life. These are equivalent to the Phillips Xtremevisions in the post above. I did a bunch of research before buying them ($45) and landed on them after lots of good reviews. I would go with the GE Nighthawk Sports next time as recommended above for a little less money - would have this time but couldn't find them anywhere that could deliver them in time. CR did a report on these and said basically..they are all essentially the same (whiter and slightly brighter but you dont get much more in terms of throw) go with what is cheaper.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Good point, the ones that DO put out a lot more light trend to burn out faster... the Nighthawk Sport seems to be a good balance for the money and are a definite improvement over the factory long life bulbs.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Got the new Osram's yesterday (quick shipping from motivmods on ebay) - 10 min to install.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Hella xenon hyper whites. They lasted me almost 3 years. But they are a little pricey (50 bucks). Just as bright as silverstars but they last longer.

·
Registered
976 Posts
i switched my bulbs to HID that i got on ebay. plug and play for only 50$ they work great.
Aren't those the ones that blind everyone on the road?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
don't seem to so far but cheap and easy enough to switch back if i have to.
Are they just the 35w then? I could see you getting away with using those in the stock housing if it has one of those plastic semi projector housings built on to it...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts