Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know if someone has previously done a thread on this subject, if so, here it is again.

In the quest for better braking, I decided to try to put the calipers from the RS onto my 2013 Focus SE. I did not know if the caliper retaining bolts were differently spaced or a different size. I’d tried to order them previously, but may-August 2019, all available brake parts were being used in a “production run” i.e. making new RSs. Finally this past Friday I was able to order them.

The bottom line- they fit perfectly. Every part is bolt on exactly as your car came from the factory. Check out the pictures below and I will add a part list next post.

Some considerations:
I have 18” wheels, and the calipers are almost to big. There’s a 3/4” gap between caliper and wheels at the closest point.

If you order aftermarket rotors and pads (as I did) you have to make sure you get the two retaining pins and retaining clip. The pads I ordered didn’t include the pins and it held up my install by a whole week until they arrived.

The rotor diameter is 351.5 mm so I posted a comparison picture below for the size difference between 305 and 351.5.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been thinking about doing the same to my focus S just waiting on funds. I got RS wheels so they should match. Did the dust cover fit up nicely or did it interfere with anything?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
.750'' is way more then enough for clearance.....I'd really pass on the spacers.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Start out the outside for bleeding & then the inside & then once again....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been thinking about doing the same to my focus S just waiting on funds. I got RS wheels so they should match. Did the dust cover fit up nicely or did it interfere with anything?
You have to get RS covers. The stock S/SE /Titanium will not fit such a big rotor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts