Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should I get the brembo brake kit from steeda? worth it? or should I just put in brembo disks and some hawk ceramic pads? I used to have this on my previous cars and worked really well... let me know..

·
Registered
117 Posts
I talked with steeda, they said they are direct bolt on, no changing spindles or anything. However, they said they were like 12 or 13 inch rotors, so you need probably a 18" wheel, some 17's may work though. Brembos are nice, and work great, had some on my G35. If you do this, you can later add the svt rear disc kit. Should be a nice setup. About $1500 for the brembos. You could do a svt brake kit, but of course you will need to change out the front suspension, and lower control arms to 04 or earlier.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked with steeda, they said they are direct bolt on, no changing spindles or anything. However, they said they were like 12 or 13 inch rotors, so you need probably a 18" wheel, some 17's may work though. Brembos are nice, and work great, had some on my G35. If you do this, you can later add the svt rear disc kit. Should be a nice setup. About $1500 for the brembos. You could do a svt brake kit, but of course you will need to change out the front suspension, and lower control arms to 04 or earlier.

ok never mind... too much to deal with... did not know they are so huge. I plan on runing my 15s, since I will lower it around 2 inches. OH well, will do the brembo discs and hawk pads, since will run me around 200...

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You'll be very happy with the solid brembo rotors and new pads. The Brembo race kits, while wonderful, are gross overkill for a street driven car. Also, if I remember correctly, the SE has rear drums. You should also consider a performance shoe replacement to maintain proper brake bias.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll be very happy with the solid brembo rotors and new pads. The Brembo race kits, while wonderful, are gross overkill for a street driven car. Also, if I remember correctly, the SE has rear drums. You should also consider a performance shoe replacement to maintain proper brake bias.

can you recomend me one? since the stock ones play the grind/squeek noise since 10k.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Mintex and Porterfield both make performance shoes for the focus rear drums. I recommend that you use their front pads with the rear shoes since they where designed to be used together. I'm not saying they can't be used separately but there's no assurance that the mix and match approach will be the best. Both are very good companies with quality products. Porterfield is a well know company that specialized in racing pads. Several years ago they started producing high performance street (R4S series) pads and shoes. The R4S has a pretty good following with serious autocrossers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts