Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im about to put my jrsc and bbk on, and I have a question. Wayne told me that I have to break the s/c in he said about 500 miles, or let it idle a couple hours and drive 200 miles. My question is does this mean i shouldnt get into any boost at all or just not full boost?

·
Registered
274 Posts
this is not regarding your post, but why did you choose the JRSC BBK for your SVT. I am considering getting one pretty soon.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Letting your car engine idle for hours is not a good thing.

For breaking in a new SC, I would let the car warm up normally but don't WOT until you've driven 5+ miles so the engine is warmed up and the oil in the SC is up to temps.

I would keep the boost below 5psi if possible for the first few hundred miles.

After that, just make sure the engine temp gauge shows in the middle indicating that it's warmed up before you WOT.

The key thing to to make sure the engine and SC oil are up to normal temps.

The SC will heat up anyway after you drive the car for a a few miles due to the roots blower generates more than desired amount of heat.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Also, listen closely for detonation when you WOT so you can detect an issue before you do some damage.
Not saying it will deto but it's a good thing to monitor/listen to when you first install your SC and do some WOT or hard/fast accelleration.

Do you have any other mods on your car ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would just drive it mildly for about 1 tank of gas. That should be plenty of "break-in" time. When you start it up let it idle for about 20 minutes, and make sure that you dont have any leaks, and let the ECU kind of learn whats going on. Then after for drive it about 50-100 miles throw it up on jack stands and re-tighten everything. I just treated it as a new engine. Drive it somewhat regular, and run through the RPM's now and again. Thats what I did with mine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
microtonal said:
Also, listen closely for detonation when you WOT so you can detect an issue before you do some damage.
Not saying it will deto but it's a good thing to monitor/listen to when you first install your SC and do some WOT or hard/fast accelleration.

Do you have any other mods on your car ?
I have 65mm tb, rt hfc, wayns sri, waynes tune, full gauge pod (boost,egt,a/f) and the jrsc bbk.

Dussin - I chose it because it is the most linear powerband, requires no maitenance and it is the best for the price in my opinion. It also has to be my d.d. for the next year or so.

·
Registered
134 Posts
is you a/f gauge a wideband or not? if its not, its just pretty much a pretty light show. The JRSC/BBK isnt bad, its a nice streetable amount of horsepower, and its probably one of the most reliable/ cheapest kits out there. As long as you dont get boost crazy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
lol, break in for a S/C? The only break in needed is a proper warm up to ensure the oil is to temp befor any boost is created. As long as it was intalled properly and you have a good dyno tune to match, but it is still always good to check everything out for the first 100 mile or so just to ensure your not leaking, or have lose bolts or bracets anywhare. Break in. ha ha ha.

·
Registered
128 Posts
pinacup let me know how everything goes....my jrsc bbk is on the way also...i ordered my wideband gauge pod...got my boost gauge...are you running stock clutch...? i have a tune from wayne but i dunno why my friend is telling me i should run the ecu reflash or get one from focussport but im not sure? my friend in colorado is doing real good with his tune from wayne for his jrsc bbk...let me know

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i will keep you all updated. I just got my clutch tsb done so im using the stock clutch till it burns out. Waynes tune is very good for the jrsc bbk, especially if you have an xcal2 and can datalog.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea lol i just got my clutch tsb done about 1,200 miles ago lol so its nice n fresh...and im deffinatly not gonna be dumping the clutch...burning out...anything like that so im looking to be in good shape ooo yea my bbk came today :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts