Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere in it's life my 03 had it's exhaust hit by a curb closing the gap between the 02 sensors and engine blocks and axles. As a result it doesn't take much of a bump or tap to break the sensors. Any ideas short of buying a new header etc.?

·
Registered
455 Posts
only thing i can think of is block off the hole that the o2 fits in now and have another bung welded in where it wont hit anything but the right way is to buy a new or a good used header

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Maybe buy a hfc with side mounted O2 sensor bungs, might work, but fixing the problem will probably be the best solution.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Your best bet is to get a new header, with you being in CA I don't think you have any other options besides the stock cat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, think im going to try to get my porta-power in there and see if I can move the pipe and cat forward a bit.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i have the same problem. I bought a HFC and it works but now i need to smog my car so the HFC is useless.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Most aftermarket cats arent CARB legal. The CFM HFC is 49 state legal, it looks like CFM is coming out with a 50 state HFC sometime soon.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The same thing happened to my header except a bit worse. I couldn't even get the O2 senors into the cat when I bumped mine.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Get a new header. A lot of us have gone through the bent/broken 02 thing. Nature of the beast. Just keep the tires on the street in the future and it shouldn't happen

·
Registered
891 Posts
Most aftermarket cats arent CARB legal. The CFM HFC is 49 state legal, it looks like CFM is coming out with a 50 state HFC sometime soon.

I bet that 1 state left is california and thats the one i need lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts