Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so first post, and first focus. Growing up I always thought the Ford Focus was an ugly ass car. Had never seen anyone do anything anywhere near good looking to one up in my area and have always been more into foreign cars. I recently checked out an '08 Focus SE, had a good price and with the 30 stock mpg I figured I should pick it up. After driving it for awhile though I've actually begun to really take a liking to this car and want to spruce it up a bit. Here's the catch though, once again, this is my first focus and I have no idea where to start. Kind of making me feel like a dumb[bootyshak to be quite honest. All I know that

I'm going to do so far: tint to around 20% all the way around, put in a sound system in which I'll be replacing all interior speakers (thinking probably infinity) and figured with it being such a small car that one good 10" could give me enough bump to make the car sound good without me looking like a douche while I'm head down I-35 and MO 152 basically everyday.

Here's the big thing though, I really don't know what to do under the hood for this thing. I'm kind of wanting to do something that when I think about I'm thinking I'm going crazy because I want to add a bit a power while adding some mpg's as well (or at least not detracting from what I get right now). I didn't think I'd do anything to it until some little ass '97 Civic Hatchback decided to mess with me so I roasted him with it being all stock. Figured if I can do that I might as well see what else I can do with this baby.

Sorry this post is a bit on the lengthy side, sort of added a introduction of myself and what I'm wanting to do with this car all in one.

If anyone has any ideas of what I should/can do with this car without emptying out my pockets (I do have bills you know) then please, please, please, fill me in. I figured this would be one of the best places to go if not the best place so I'm open to any and all suggestions!

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
first of all i would take the street racing part out... they are really against here... even though everyone does it.

also i would say i/e/t intake, exhaust, tune. also lower it on some suspension kit (look around for this i have dgr coil overs)

·
love my red focus
1,793 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yeah, it was just one of those days that I really wasn't liking the way the guys in the Civic were looking at me and constantly cutting me off. Just had to do it, I'm actually in the process of going to the KCMO Police Academy, lol.

And I was looking into exhaust and intake systems. I haven't found a suspension kit I'm crazy about but I'll search a bit more. Thanks man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts