Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 focus Se in which I installed a cold air intake from from fswerks. I'm not sure what to do next, exhaust headers, the stealth exhaust, or a tune. Also heard great things about cams. If it's at all possible I would love to supercharge it. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
There's no ready made super chargers. Bolt ons won't do shit for power, believe me I have full bolt ons and all that. Break into your motor and do cams and you will be happy. A header is the only bolt on that made much of a difference for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are cams something that I could personally install? For car knowledge I have 2 years in a highschool automotive mechanics class which honestly didn't learn much about installing.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Buy a car worth modding. These are Econo cars.

Find an old Fox body mustang.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Im stuck with the focus. So I'm attempting to make it more enjoyable to drive
How far do you want to go? Throw a fwerks turbo at it. Or do a 23 swap,,,

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Cams probably could be done by anyone that's handy. It's more then likely time consuming. If I could do it over I would do cams before spray. I would probably start with a header and a exhaust.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
A pr of mild cams wake up your motor,,,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't have the money for a turbo kit as of yet unfortunately. I should do exhaust headers next followed by the rest of the system then? I'm not looking for a 10 second car :p it would be nice to have a better sound and stronger pull on acceleration

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Don't have the money for a turbo kit as of yet unfortunately. I should do exhaust headers next followed by the rest of the system then? I'm not looking for a 10 second car :p it would be nice to have a better sound and stronger pull on acceleration
If thats the case, get a fwerks header & crane stage 1's w/ a tune,,,,

·
Registered
652 Posts
Then do headers with full exhaust, Intake, and a good tune.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
If your not a PZEV do not get an intake. The stock intake flows WAYYYY more then you will ever need. Your car will just run rougher, I've tried so many intakes and I'm just going back to the stock box.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
If your engine runs rougher from adding a intake its because it has changed the fueling and possibly the load settings

This is why I say that any intake change should be checked for the idle , part throttle and WOT fueling

If the engine is running rough from a new intake mod that tells me the fueling is off and with that corrected it may also make better performance then the stock air box

Tom

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
At WOT my car doesn't run lean with it but driving around between shifts my car runs pretty lean, lean enough to cause the car to bog out on itself. I can literally watch the needle fly to the lean side between each shift.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
If your on or off the throttle its common to see a lean or rich condition , its steady part throttle or WOT that you need to check the AF gauge

A stumble at idle is a good indication of a lean/rich condition which could also be there at steady part throttle driving but the closed loop is correcting it ( can correct up to +/- 25% ), this could be an issues when shifting and always trying to correct the closed loop , In most cases if your off in closed loop ( idle and part throttle fueling ) it changes the open loop fuel ( wot ) fuel as well , your WOT fuel should be in the 12.8 range , whats your WOT A/F ?

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I added a cold air intake, and I believe my engine is not pvez. Off the bat it sounds amazing and I'm not entirely certain that I notice a difference with the power. But it doesn't run any different when it comes to lean/rich air gas ratio

1 - 19 of 19 Posts