Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys i am brand new to cars have always been a truck person. i got this car on a trade for a stock 96 dodge ram 1500. only took the trade cause i needed somethin for better gas

but heres my car, idk wht to think of it, all i really care about is that its worth more thn tht truck was and im only keeping this till spring thn selling it to buy another rocket. lemme know what you guys make of this thing?

i also have a few questions for you guys about problems ive noticed with this thing

·
Registered
243 Posts
not my style of paint job but you should get free rockstar for driving it... So it is an SVT and it looks like someone did a hose kit. what are your questions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its an svt
not my style either like i said im a ford truck guy myself but figure the resell on this will be more thn tht dodge was

as for my question tho:
recently my passenger side low beam only comes on whn it feels like it, i flip the knob and it flickers and attempts to fire but usually it wont. on rare occasions it does come on however. its got the stock HID's idk anything about thm as ive never ran thm before

·
Registered
243 Posts
The car will grow on your, they're fun to drive. I'm curious what all has been done as far as performance mods on that car. Looks like a lowering kit and strut tower bar, maybe it has different suspension kit or just springs, looks like some kind of cold air intake, can't tell what brand...

you probably don't care much about it if you're gonna sell it, but it might have some good mods

Oh, i hate electrical don't know much about that, sry i can't help. hopefully someone who has the HID might know something about it.

seriously you should sent a pic to rockstar and see if they'll send you free drinks.... lol sry I would do it.. tell them people to pay for their advertising, as far as selling it younger people would love that car....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car will grow on your, they're fun to drive. I'm curious what all has been done as far as performance mods on that car. Looks like a lowering kit and strut tower bar, maybe it has different suspension kit or just springs, looks like some kind of cold air intake, can't tell what brand...

you probably don't care much about it if you're gonna sell it, but it might have some good mods

Oh, i hate electrical don't know much about that, sry i can't help. hopefully someone who has the HID might know something about it.

seriously you should sent a pic to rockstar and see if they'll send you free drinks.... lol sry I would do it.. tell them people to pay for their advertising, as far as selling it younger people would love that car....
Lol no shit dude I was acttually thinkin bout sendin thm a pic to see wht happens. Do all svt's not come with HID? And im not toally sure wht alls done, I know its lowered and got the body kit, it has a CAI (can't remember brand) full exhaust including headers..other thn tht im not totally sure.. thts kinda why im here lol

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Eff the younger kids! I'd buy that thing and just "accidentally" drop more paint on it... if it runs it's worth keeping in good running order, and if it's falling apart, the parts are still sought after enough.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
poor svt's been beaten with the rice stick pretty hard

·
Registered
243 Posts
alot of SVT's came with normal headlights same as focus exept the outline is black. alot came with HID's but I've read that alot of people put HID kits in their cars. The aftermarket headlights might be gargbage I"m not sure.... you should be able to tell if its stock by looking to see if wires are all chopped and spliced maybe. I was reading some other posts on here and it says check fuses and what not, maybe there is a fuse in the HID system somewhere or it might be a switch too. like i said I hate electrical... PITA

There is one mod that might not be done. How does it shift? the normal shifter is heavy but you can change that for free if you want. there is a counterweight that can be removed it someone hasn't already and its right by the air intake on the back of the tranny. its completely pointless takes about 10 minutes to remove.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89200

in the second post shots a pic of the unit after its been taken out put in into revers and you'll see the big end sticking up...

you should also get under it and look and see if the lower motor mount has been changed. the rear motormount is a roll restrictor and prevents the engine from rolling forward and backward, the stock one sucks. that another good mod to add....

·
Registered
243 Posts
ok i get why everyone all hates on ricers, but we all drive 4 cylinder hatchbacks. How far are we from that line?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thnks dehacked ill give tht a try. And thy are stock HID tht much I do know. Idk if its the ballest or the buld or maybe somethin else??
and yea guys sorry its so ricey, trust me im not a ricer guy, I always made fun of cars like this tht pulled up next to my f150 sittin on 35's. But it was an even trade for a worthless truck so I couldn't pass it up. It runs great ill give it tht, kinda fun to drive, gets alot of attention lol. But again come spring its out the door. I was gonna ask 5 grand for it. Is it worth tht? Idk wht these things sell for

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
yeesh...that thing is horrible...to me at least. it sounds like u may have a loose connection somewhere. if it flickers and comes on some of the time, something may just be loose. just some things id do to make it more "pallatable", remove the rockstar decals, get some stock hinges and get rid of the lambo doors, and find some stock tails on here for cheap. and that looks to me like the stock SVT suspension, seeing as how the rear sits a lil higher.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey bcboy, first off, good trade for a dodge! Id a done it too. Second, it does look like a stock svt stance as far as the suspension hight. Third, I have the same issue with my HIDs as well. my passenger light comes on for while, flickers REALLY quick, then dies. i swapped the ballasts from side to side and it is still the passenger side. so its not the ballast. i have yet to open the back of light and check the tightness of bulb on socket, but thats my guess now. take a look at yours. maybe youll find something. let us know. have fun with it while you have it. you MAY not get rid of it. later.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a strange feeling that your going to fall in LOVE with the car, repaint it, and add all the original items to it :D

As for the lights, no idea.

Also I seen that car on craigslist :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a strange feeling that your going to fall in LOVE with the car, repaint it, and add all the original items to it :D

As for the lights, no idea.

Also I seen that car on craigslist :D
Yea the kid had it on there and he saw my truck and asked to do a trade so I took it. And there is NO chance of me keeping this car lol. Im not puttin any of the stock stuff back on as I don't wanna put much money into this thing at all. I would much rather have another rocket. The only money im puttin into it is to keep it running and fix the small issues

1 - 14 of 14 Posts