Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on eBay today! I didn't know that anything like this existed!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...3QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33731QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"BRAND NEW CUSTOM MADE MTX-75 4:50 GEAR SET, THESE WERE MADE BY LIBERTY GEAR IN A VERY SMALL RUN. SOMEWHERE AROUND 20 SETS HAVE BEEN MADE. WE USED ONE OF THESE IN THE FOCUS CENTRAL DRAG CAR TO SET THE ALL MOTOR RECORD. WOULD WORK GREAT IN A ROAD RACE, AUTO CROSS, OR DRAG CAR, THERE MAY NOT BE ANY OF THESE LEFT ANYWHERE. THESE WHERE NOT CHEAP TO BUILD AND WON'T BE CHEAP TO BUY. I JUST WANT MY COST OUT OF THEM: 879.00. I WILL PAY THE SHIPPING. "

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
yea thats way to expensive. but not a bad idea.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
slowly but surely they are selling all the parts from ketchup....i might be going crazy but i think it one point or another zxtuner or something that sounded like that sold 4.70 gears by order...4.50...wow...thats like rsx gearing

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Waaay too short....first gear would redline at 10 MPH.

On top of that, it'd be a crapshoot because there's two different gear designs and the only way to find out which ones you have is to take the transmission apart and look. Plus, I think for that price you could buy a FR head...

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
You think first would redline at 10 MPH? Why the hell would somebody buy it? I like redlining at 38 in first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts