Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my Focus in April of this year and have enjoyed the car; especially the gas mileage. But recently, I've noticed that my brakes don't seem to be all that great. The pads and rotors were replaced by the Ford dealer when I bought the car. There have been several instances where I've had to get on the brakes very hard and I felt like it didn't want to stop. The harder I pushed, the further it went to the floor and it had no additional stopping power. Is this a normal thing for a Focus? Are there any better pad replacements than stock? I'm not looking for track or racing pads, just something that would provide more stopping power and less pedal fade.

A couple of years ago I used Performance Friction pads in my Taurus, but if memory serves me right, they didn't last too long.

So in a nutshell, I'm looking for pads that give better stopping power, less pedal fade, and reasonably priced. Is that possible?

Thanks.

EDIT: I realized I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Hawk HP+ pads give some great grip. They will wear out a little quicker than most, but its a tradeoff that I'd gladly take. While you are at it, flush the brake fluid with some new stuff. As brake fluid ages, it collects water and loses its power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts