Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is any company making racing pads for the SVTF. I planning on doing some driving schools at Virginia International Raceway in the near future and would like to have a set.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Quite a few racers claim that the stock SVT pads are excellent and will maintain well under harse conditions. But, if you find you do need better pads, Porterfield uses old backing plates to make theirs. I believe they are kevlar, but I could be wrong. Keep in mind though, a good track pad needs to be hot to work well. If the pad gets cool, like it will on the street, the car won't stop as fast. You will still stop, but not like you will when they are at operating temperature.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
You mean the difference between SVT and non-SVT? If so, then no. The SVT brakes are larger all the way around (plus the reg. focus only get rear disc as an aftermarket option at this time). Compound is also different though, between reg focus and SVT. The dealer charges some insane amount for the front pads (~$110), but these pads are proving to be a pretty good pad and last a decent amount of time. So, unless you are gonna do some heavy track use, the stock pads will probably work. If you want a better setup, get a Brembo kit or something similar (I think brembo is 13" or close to it).

BTW MAD Performance, I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found that Carbotech Engineering has racing pads to fit the SVTF, Panther Plus and Panther XP which are a more aggressive pad. Both can be used to drive to and from the track. The front takes #970 and the rear #886. Cost is between $110-$140 per set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts