Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which brakes should i buy. Read post before voting!

• Buy the OEM replacement Brembo rotors with EBC pads for $250

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Upgrade to the OEM SVT front brakes for $580

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
READ ALL FIRST!!!!

OK first, i need new brakes in the spring, so i was thinking of either upgrading the stock ones with the brembo rotors and ebc pads kit you can find on most focus parts sites for about $250, or if i should buy the OEM SVT front brake kit from CFM for about $580?

^note for above, i race my car (scca) and am wondering what would be the best deal for the money and for the stopping power. If you don't know anything about either kits please don't vote.

also I got a rear svt sway bar a little while ago, and i was wondering if i needed to get anything to instal it, other than just removing the stock zx3 sway bar and putting the svt one in. in other words do i need any new bushings or stuff?

-thanks in advance!

·
Registered
265 Posts
What class do you race in with SCCA? Is the SVT brake upgrade legal per the rules?

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ya know i'm not sure. i'm in the STS class

·
Registered
265 Posts
STS does not allow a brake 'upgrade'...only OE size rotors (can be slotted/drilled), free pads, and SS lines are OK.

STX allows 'big brake' kits among other things like LSD, wider wheels and tires etc.

It may be wise to consult the rule book (www.scca.com) if you care about what class you will/should run in.

That said...brakes are not overly important in SOLO2...an OE system with some good pads and fresh fluid will suffice. Track events are another issue...

FWIW, I think you find that most Focus autocrossers agree the Hawk pads are superior to the EBCs

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^good to know.

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^.^.^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts