Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I would like to say I am happy to be apart of this great site and forum!. But my car is having a problem with my brakes on a 2002 ford focus svt. When I originally bought the car the guy was saying how the rear left abs sensor was bad. So I replaced the rear left sensor torque it to the right amount. But the light never went off. Is it supposed to automatically go off after replacing it?

Well now with the abs light on I am having a new issue. I would say about 2/7 times of harder than normal breaking right as Im about to stop my brake pedal makes a slight grinding noise and it makes like two clicking sounds from the front for a split second. It happens basically when the car is almost at a stop prob 5 mph. What could the issue be?

As of today I checked
* Brakes are good 70 % tread left on both front sides.
* Rotors are in good shape no grooving or anything
* Checked calipers nothing is stuck and I also blew all dust and whatever dust there was with a air gun. Also used antiseptic paste and got all key areas of the calipers.

Any explanation guys?? Thanks and much appreciated.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If it makes a clicking sound, that could be the ABS motor trying to work, and its not. Something is definitely up with the ABS system itself. Im sorry I don't have much experience with ABS issues, but I'm sure somebody will chime in and help you out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
it sounds like a abs issue to me also.......you can get a abs scanner for about $70 or a obd scanner with abs for about $150........the shops are going to get you for $100 to read the codes........I don't think the auto parts stores read the abs codes.......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it makes a clicking sound, that could be the ABS motor trying to work, and its not. Something is definitely up with the ABS system itself. Im sorry I don't have much experience with ABS issues, but I'm sure somebody will chime in and help you out.
it sounds like a abs issue to me also.......you can get a abs scanner for about $70 or a obd scanner with abs for about $150........the shops are going to get you for $100 to read the codes........I don't think the auto parts stores read the abs codes.......
Yea thats what I was thinking too. Do you think its the abs system activating does our cars have a module for it?. You would think since it doesn't happen all the time maybe loose connection or dirty, relay or wiring??

Did you reset the ECU by unplugging the battery neg. side for a couple minutes....restart and let idle for 3 minutes.
Yes I did. I let it site for prob 30 minutes so it was a hard reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts