Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my brakes about 15,000 to 20,000 miles ago and all went smooth and has been fine since. Today on my way home from work I noticed a clicking sound coming from the driver side of the vehicle. It was there regardless of speed although harder to hear at higher speeds because of more road noise.
The noise changed based on vehicle speed not engine speed, and went away if I swerved to the left or if I hit the brakes regardless of whether or not I was going straight or turning.
Anyone have ideas what it could be? Or ways I can do some troubleshooting to narrow it down?
I'm hoping it's something small because I just had knee surgery 5 days ago and can't do anything too labor intensive yet, brakes I wouldn't be too worried about but wheel bearings, drive shafts, etc.. might be a little out of my league until the knee gets better.
Thanks for the help as always.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip i'll check that and let ya know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went outside and took a quick look at the pad clips and gave them a pretty firm tug and they seem to be on there pretty tight. I don't think that's the problem. I drove it again to try and better describe the sound and it's a distinctive clicking sound combined with a shh sound. it kinda goes shh shh shh shh shh shh shh shh shh shh etc... and it still goes away when i hit the brakes.
Any other ideas what could be causing the sound?

·
Registered
595 Posts
does the car kind of shake while braking at highway speeds? could be warped rotors

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope no shaking. It sounds similar to the feeler pads on brakes but not exactly which is what makes me unsure. My braking isn't affected at all, but the noise is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump...for help

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump...don't leave me hangin guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts