Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm having trouble with the low brake fluid warning light staying on, when I start the engine the light goes out for a few seconds then comes back on and stays on, the fluid level is correct and I have tested both the handbrake switch and the reservoir switch, both seem o.k, when I plug into elmconfig it brings up C1327 fault code (low brake fluid level)
I recently replaced the gem module with one that has the same part number, it's a remanufactured unit and is known to be good.
I've been trying different things for a week now and it's driving me mad, any advise would be gratefully received
Thanks in advance
Kev

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
Did you try replacing the sensor in the reservoir cap?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If the brake warning light comes on WITH the switches at times, and randomly at others, suspect the gauge cluster itself.

I had this issue, and "solved" it by installing a different cluster to get a tach. type one I had wanted.

I've since seen others solve the problem by taking the cluster apart & cleaning the P.C. board, random operation can be caused by "crud" making unplanned connections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The level sensor is inside the reservoir not in the cap, I've tried it unplugged and with a paperclip in the terminals
Something else i've noticed if I turn on the ignition and leave it the light goes off and stays off, if I pull the handbrake up and down the light goes on and off as normal, but if I start the engine it will come on and stay on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts