Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the current thread about irresponsible driving reminded me of an event I precipitated some weeks ago. I am an old fart (53) who has always enjoyed fast cars and motorcycles. I am however fairly timid on public streets. I used to go "out in the country" on my bike to go fast. Coming home from work near my home, I was stopped at a light behind a young man in a winged up, decaled civic. When the light changed, I wanted to see if his car was fast and if my SVT could keep up with him. I accelerated briskly behind him through first and second gear and was pretty close (6-10 feet) from his rear and keeping up just fine. He apparantly took offence and without warning subjected me to an extreme brake test. Luckily, I was just able to avoid smacking him in the rear, and I proceeded home to allow my heartrate to return to normal. I wondered if he would have been happy if I had just plowed into his car.
Actually, the point is - It was my fault for dogging his rear and acting like a kid! A lesson, even late in life, for me. I will restrict my thrill-seeking to freeway entrance ramps and other situations where I can let out my SVT without enraging others and endangering lives.
I feel much better for this confession. I felt pretty silly that day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Brett,

No biggie, make sure you say three "Ford Racings" and eat only red meat for one week!

I got on it from time to time in my Mustang, haven't yet in the SVT, but I'm sure I will--it's too sweet a machine. I've done well keeping the racing confined to autocross events and road racing the last couple years, though. Can't wait to get this new zippy beast out on the track or between some cones!

Beetle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts